Marsha Lucas who is a well renowned psychologist, emphasizes that “Mindfulness is paying attention in a particular way: in the present moment, on purpose”. Just a decade ago, mindfulness term had only been seen on the paper, but it becomes a buzzword today. So, you have read an article, a blog post or even had a confab with someone about the mindfulness. Now, you are interested in practicing the everyday mindfulness, because you want to use it for improving your mundane life in some way. Well, this article is going to equip you to be mindful in everyday.
Tips to practice mindfulness in our routine life
While mindfulness can make us think of long sessions of seated meditation, it is also something that is trained at any moment of the day. It is possible to practice the mindfulness to bring the attention from the daily activities we do mindlessly. Let’s see some interesting activities that you can do for bringing the mindfulness.
- Take a couple of minutes to focus on your breathing. Here, you need to feel the flow of breath, rise and fall of your abdomen.
- When you do something, you should notice what is happening. For instance, if you are eating, you should focus on its texture, color and taste of the food.
- You need not to worry about having the time without any work. Well, this is the time to tune your senses by thinking.
- Have a clear understanding about the thoughts that you feel are simply thoughts. You need not to react them or believe them.
- You can also practice the mindfulness of speech by simply being aware of what you are saying. Tune your words while speaking.
- Listening with the mindfulness is an excellent practice that you can use in day to day life. For this purpose, you have to try bringing the awareness to the other person’s words, emotions and their experience.
- Using the technology in the mindful way is a powerful practice. For this, you need to set the reminders or alarms to pause the usage of mobile phones, computer and television.
- When you are in the bed at night, practice the mindfulness by feeling the contact of bed and body, breathing and where the mind is at.
All things considered, practicing everyday mindfulness is a great way to make your mind and body to be healthy. In fact, if you are mindful while doing the actions, you can be free from the unwanted stress and depression. Today, you can find a large number of the internet sites and blogs which gives you the special features and the tips to be mindful in the different way.