Astragalus root is one herb that is extremely important in the traditional Chinese drug. It is well known for many health benefits, particularly its high potential to slow down the aging process. The research has also revealed that this herb might have an ability to support healthy function of lungs, heart, liver and kidneys. It is also shown to encourage normal blood pressure and cholesterol and support healthy response to the psychological stress. There are many amazing astragalus root benefits that are often used to boost therapies for different health issues.
What’s Astragalus Root?
The astragalus root generally comes from Astragalus membranaceus plant that is native of China. There’re over 2,000 species of the plant. Called huáng qí and Mongolian milkvetch, this stemmed plant generally grows every year and is also celebrated for its beneficial flavonoids––the plant molecules with an antioxidant property––enclosed within the root. Astragalus root is used in the traditional Chinese medicine for years and has recently become one popular nutritional supplement and herbal remedy across the world
What Are the Amazing Benefits of the Astragalus Root?
- Improve anti-aging properties
- Improves your immune system
- Promotes healthy heart function
- Decreases overall stress effects
- Improves cholesterol levels in your blood
- Helps to break down the arterial plaque
- Encourages kidney function
- Improves sugar levels in your blood
- Encourages healthy cell function
- Helps to detox and guard your Liver
What’s Astragalus Been Used For?
Astragalus root is the medicinal herb, and the root is willingly available as the herbal supplement in a lot of health stores now and also online easily. It’s used for a lot of conditions, either on own or with combination to other herbs. Majority of the uses and benefits are based on the traditional and the long medicinal use. The scientific evidence has also substantiated some herbs application for certain conditions, but some clinical trials and studies are required to understand and verify its effectiveness completely. Astragalus root extract benefits are many and can be used for following conditions:
- High blood pressure
- Heart deceases
- Seasonal allergies
- Chronic fatigue syndrome
- Any infections
Astragalus Root Dosage & Administration
The astragalus root is accessible as the decoction, tablets, tincture and capsules, topically or in the injectable forms in the Asian clinical settings.
- Used as a tea: You can make tea from 3 – 6 grams of the dried root with 12 oz of water. This mixture must be boiled for 5 minutes and steep for 20 minutes.
- Used as a tincture: Make tincture in 1:5, in 30% ethanol and 3 to 5 mL must be taken 3 times daily.
- You can make a cream for the topical use with the concentration of 10% astragalus.
- Supplements normally have 500 mg and 2 to 3 tablets, and capsules are generally the recommended dosage. Manufacturers’ instructions must always be followed.